Guest Blogger!

Hello! 
My name is Clarisse, from Discovering Through Photography . I'll be taking over Liv's blog for today. 





Now I have not traveled as much as Liv has, but one of my favorite trips I've taken is when my family and I drove down to Kentucky. The southern parts of the United States are incredibly beautiful and Kentucky was no exception. The drive took us 14 hours. On our way we drove through Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. My favorite was definitely Wisconsin, we stopped at a waterfall/water hole where people could swim and there was a tunnel of rocks that you could slide down and a cliff to jump off into the pool at the bottom. Not only was it incredibly fun, but also beautiful for photography. 



Once we reached our destination, Louisville, Kentucky, we got to explore the city. Louisville is an incredible city. There is a bridge that connects Indiana to Kentucky that is incredibly long but at night its beautiful. The city is really cool, lots of old buildings and plenty of places to go. One of my favorites was the Waterfront Park 

     
   There is an old railroad track bridge that is now a walking path that is above the park. There happened to be a block party at the time I was visiting so we went to that. One of my absolute favorites and a place i would highly suggest visiting is the Mega Caverns. 


 The caverns was mined in the 1930's and during a time when the U.S. was under the impression of possible bombing, so right now there are certain parts of the 100 acre caverns that have mannequins that represent what it would look like if people did have to go into hiding down there. 

The caverns have turned into a huge attraction. There is an underground zipline, rope course, dirt                                                                   bike track and party room. 
                                         I personally did not do the zipline but it looked fun
                                                              The rope course
The dirt bike track


Overall, Kentucky is a beautiful state, and I would for sure suggest visiting. There is so much more that I didn't get to see and I definitely want to go again.

~Clarisse






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to become an exchange student

Story Time

Travel interview